Possible Side Effects
Understanding possible side effects with XYWAV
XYWAV can cause serious side effects, including the following:
- slower breathing
- trouble breathing
- and/or short periods of not breathing while sleeping (sleep apnea)
People who already have breathing or lung problems have a higher chance of having breathing problems when they use XYWAV.
Mental health problems
- seeing or hearing things that are not real (hallucinations)
- unusual or disturbing thoughts (abnormal thinking)
- feeling anxious or upset
- thoughts of killing yourself or trying to kill yourself
- increased tiredness
- feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- difficulty concentrating
Tell your doctor if you have or had depression or have tried to harm yourself.
Call your doctor right away if you have symptoms of mental health problems or a change in weight or appetite.
XYWAV can cause sleepwalking which can cause injuries. Call your doctor if this occurs.
The most common side effects in the XYWAV for Idiopathic Hypersomnia clinical study included:
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Decreased appetite
- Dry mouth
- Sleepiness (somnolence)
17 out of 154 people (11%) had side effects that made them stop taking XYWAV. Anxiety was the most common reason.
These are not all the possible side effects of XYWAV.
In clinical study participants who remained on treatment, side effects tended to occur early and diminish over time.
The possible side effects of XYWAV were seen in 2 clinical studies of more than 350 people living with Idiopathic Hypersomnia or narcolepsy (aged 18 to 75).
What you should know about taking XYWAV with other medications:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Especially, tell your doctor if you take other medicines to help you sleep (sedatives).
- Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them to show your doctor and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
If there are other medications you are currently taking, be sure to ask your doctor or pharmacist if XYWAV will interact or interfere with how they will work.