XYWAV is available only through
the XYWAV and XYREM REMS
The XYWAV and XYREM REMS
Because of the risk of central nervous system (CNS) depression, abuse, and misuse, XYWAV is available only by prescription, and filled through the Certified Pharmacy with the XYWAV and XYREM REMS. All patients must be enrolled in the XYWAV and XYREM REMS to receive XYWAV. More information about the REMS can be found at www.XYWAVXYREMREMS.com.
Before you or your child receives XYWAV, your doctor and pharmacist will make sure that you understand how to take XYWAV safely and effectively. If you have any questions about XYWAV, ask your doctor or call the XYWAV and XYREM REMS at 1-866-997-3688.
Before getting your first shipment of XYWAV:
- 1Your doctor will enroll you in the XYWAV and XYREM REMS (if you're not already enrolled), send your prescription to the Certified Pharmacy, and work with the pharmacy to initiate the insurance process.
- 2Your JazzCares® Nurse Case Manager will call you to welcome you to the XYWAV and XYREM REMS, answer questions, review your insurance information, and help you find any available financial support.
- 3A pharmacist will call to counsel you on XYWAV safety information, answer any questions you may have about XYWAV, review your medical history, and arrange for the first shipment.
- 4The Certified Pharmacy ships XYWAV to you overnight, along with a copy of the XYWAV and XYREM REMS Patient Quick Start Guide or the XYWAV and XYREM Brochure for Pediatric Patients and Their Caregivers.*
- 5The Certified Pharmacy sends you reminders based on your preferences and arranges for the delivery of refills.
If you are currently taking XYREM® (sodium oxybate) oral solution
The XYWAV and XYREM REMS provides:
24/7 phone access to a pharmacist to answer any questions you have about XYWAV treatment.
Overnight delivery of your XYWAV prescription so you can get it quickly.
Delivery of your prescription to your door, a local overnight carrier hub, or another location, if approved by the Certified Pharmacy.
Watch these helpful videos
Introduction to the JazzCares® Nurse Program
Learn what to expect from your JazzCares® Nurse Case Manager, who is assigned to work with you from the very beginning to help you through every step of starting XYWAV and beyond